Since a laptop is something made for portable usage, there might be a lot of cases where you might be using your laptop outdoors or near a window. And if you are using your laptop in a similar way on a sunny day, then it can be quite difficult to see things properly on your laptop’s display if you are not using maximum brightness.
Unfortunately, some laptops simply fail to show you anything at all if even at maximum screen brightness. This happens when the display of your laptop is simply not bright enough. Hence, we are here with a complete guide on how to make laptop screen brighter than max. We have multiple methods for the same that you can learn by going through this guide till the end.
Making Laptop Screen Brighter than Max
Whether you are watching a video on your laptop or using it for productivity tasks, it is quite important to ensure that your laptop’s display is bright enough to make everything visible.
But if you are new to laptops and don’t know how to adjust the brightness correctly, then you might not be using your laptop screen at maximum brightness. Thus, make sure to go through the following methods and options for increasing the brightness of your laptop screen brighter than max:
1. Adjust your Display’s Brightness
Before trying out anything else, you first need to ensure that the default brightness settings of your laptop screen are set to maximum. One easy way to do the same is to simply use the hotkeys on your keyboard for changing the brightness to the maximum. If you are not able to find the brightness settings in this way, then you can also consider going with the brightness settings present in Windows Settings as shown here:
- First, press Windows Key + I on your keyboard and open Windows Settings.
- Here, go to the System menu and open the Display section from the left-hand side menu.
- Now, you can find the brightness slider right under the Brightness and color section.
- You can simply drag this slider to the extreme right to make sure that you are currently using the maximum brightness of your laptop screen.
2. Adjusting Display Brightness on Windows 10 Desktop
Those of you who are using Windows 10 desktops might not be able to adjust the brightness as shown in the previous method since that one is primarily targeted towards laptop users. In that case, you will need to use different hardware options for adjusting the brightness. Almost all desktop monitors will have multiple control buttons on either the bottom or on the back. Using these buttons, you can easily change the brightness of your Windows 10 desktop even if the Windows Settings brightness slider is not working.
3. Apps for Boosting Brightness
If the brightness slider present in the Windows Settings or the on-screen menu of your monitor is not able to turn the brightness of your screen to the maximum, then you can consider using third-party apps. These third-party apps are known to offer even higher brightness by overriding the display and increasing its brightness further.
Starting with Windows laptops, if you have a Windows machine, then you can go with the F.Lux app for boosting the brightness of your laptop screen. Apart from boosting brightness, it can also automatically adjust the brightness of your laptop screen as per the time of the day. Those of you who have a Mac laptop can go with the Brightness Slider app which offers the same functionality.
4. How to Make Laptop Screen Brighter than Max on Windows 10
A great thing about Windows 10 is that it offers various shortcuts for all its functions for ease of use. This even includes a shortcut for adjusting the screen brightness quickly and easily. In fact, you can also use this same screenshot to make your laptop screen brighter than maximum with ease.
To do the same, you need to click on the Notifications or the Action Center button present in the bottom right corner of your screen. You will then see a brightness slider that you can adjust to make the laptop screen brighter than max.
5. Adjust Monitors Brightness through Calibration
If you feel the brightness of your laptop screen is not adequate or the colors are not correct, then you can easily fix both of these issues if you have a Windows 10 laptop or desktop. This is possible thanks to the display calibration settings offered by Windows 10 which can correct the colors as well as the brightness of your display. You can easily calibrate your laptop screen as shown here:
- Start by opening Windows Settings by pressing Windows Key + I on your keyboard and head over to the System menu where you will see Display settings right away.
- Now, scroll down and open Advanced Display Settings under the Multiple Display option.
- After that, head over to the Display Adapter Properties for your primary display.
- Here, open the Color Management tab and select the Color Management option where you need to go to the Advanced tab in the newly opened window.
- Finally, select the Calibrate display option to calibrate your laptop screen and make sure that you are able to use it at the maximum possible brightness.
6. Disabling Automatic Brightness
Even if you have just changed your laptop’s brightness to the maximum, there is a possibility where the screen brightness might change back to lower values which can be quite frustrating. In most cases, this is caused due to the automatic brightness function used by most laptop screens. While it is great for saving the battery, it is not ideal if you want a bright and visible display. Hence, make sure to disable automatic brightness as shown here:
- Use the Windows Search to bring up the Edit Power Plan option which will open the Control Panel on your laptop.
- After that, go to the Change Advanced Power Settings option which will open a new window.
- At last, open the Display section and change the Enable Adaptive Brightness setting to Off and save your settings.
There are a lot of cases where you may want to turn up the brightness of your laptop screen for proper visibility. Whether it is the sunny outdoors or just bright lights in your room, making sure that you are using a bright enough display is highly important. Hence, we have already explained a complete guide on how to make laptop screen brighter than max up above.
With this guide, you can find multiple methods to change your laptop screen brightness brighter than max to ensure that at least one of them works properly for you. If you have gone through all the information regarding how to make laptop screen brighter than max, make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!