A highly skilled technical support engineer to provide remote and on-site post sales technical support to customers in India and APAC region. Key focus on Metro Ethernet Technology, High Speed Fiber Optic Network technology and Optical Transport Technology. The role requires the engineer to be able to work independently to analyse, troubleshoot and to resolve product/system technical issues during, and if required, outside of office hours.
- Provide remote and on-site technical support to customers
- Provide support for standard 8×5 and 24×7 support contracts
- Be the first response for any customer calls and critical cases
- Manage MSD trouble ticketing system for customers, take full ownership of tickets
- Function as level 1 support for all Instrument products customers
- Ability to function independently in the investigation, analysis and resolution of technical issues, during office hours and out of office hours
- Ability to work with extended teams in the organization and externally with customers
- Performance metrics against team KPIs and TL9000 standards
Pre-requisites & Experience
- Strong analytical skills in troubleshooting product and application issues
- Strong knowledge and work experience in one or more of the following technologies: Metro Ethernet, Optical Transport, High-Speed Fiber Optic Networks and RF/Radio communications
- Production automation coding knowledge a plus
- IT Networking and knowledge in Cloud solution, Virtualization, Kubernetes K8s, Docker is a plus
- Telecoms networking knowledge -IP, OTN, SDH technologies, LAN/SAN network architectures, 40G, 100G high speed ethernet networks a plus
- Strong communication skills with internal and external customers. Including reporting and presentations
- Good command of spoken and written English language.
- Strong team player.
- University degree in Telecoms engineering, Electronic Engineering, IT Engineering, or computer science, or Computer/Telecoms engineering.
- 5 to 10 years working experience in relevant industries.
- Computer programming certification
- Cloud solution, Virtualization, Kubernetes K8s, Docker
- Automation coding, Labview, C#. Teststand.
- Software development for telecoms and network applications
- Network operations center work experience
- Good work experience and track record
- Fast learner and team player