Women in Toys, Licensing & Entertainment (WiT) has a new board of directors.
The global nonprofit organization and the toy industry’s voice for the advancement of women has elected nine new members to its board of directors. WiT appointed the following people to its board:
- Anne Carrihill, director and GM category leader toys and games at Amazon
- Tara Deakin, executive vice president and chief people officer at Spin Master
- Julie Gwaltney, senior director at TOMY International
- Karen Kilpatrick (re-elected), president at Kayppin Media
- Leila Nosrati, licensing and retail development consultant, Master Toy Advisors
- Christina Sklavenitis, founder at Christina Sklavenitis Consulting
- Natasha Tous, senior director of brand and product marketing at Vtech Electronics North America
- Lisa Whitaker, Co-CEO at Kidfinity Inc.
- Kiara Imani, founder at LikeU
“We warmly welcome these nine brilliant women, whose collective and diverse expertise and insight will bring critical leadership, knowledge, and skills to our board,” says Janice Ross, WiT president. “On behalf of the board, I want to express my deepest gratitude to those who have concluded their services as valued board members — Bernadette Boyle, Genna Rosenberg, Jessica Gavin, Laurie Schacht, Lourdes Arocho, Mellany Masterson, and Michele Martel.”
Each of these board members brings a unique perspective and a drive to deliver on the WiT mission to advance women through leadership, opportunity, and education. All WiT board members can be found on the WiT website.